Saturday, August 7, 2010

What are the variables I have to control in my experiment?

When copper carbonate is heated it decomposes to produce copper oxide and carbon dioxide. In my experiment, I aim to determine the relationship between the mass of copper carbonate used and the mass of copper oxide produced.





The input variable is mass of copper carbonate, and the output variable is the mass of copper oxide produced.





What are the possible variables (that could affect this experiment) that I have to control?What are the variables I have to control in my experiment?
This isn't a variable so much as the major source of error. You need to make sure that the copper carbonate is thoroughly heated. Any copper carbonate that remains in your final product will throw off your numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment