Saturday, August 21, 2010

Need help identifying independent variable, dependent variable, and the control for my experiment?

hey everybody! I am doing a science experiment and I need to identify the independent variable, dependent variable, and the control.





okay so here is the experiment:


What brand of soap foams the best when heated in the microwave?





procedure:


# Unwrap a bar of Ivory鈩?soap.


# Place the bar of soap on a paper plate or microwave-safe dish.


# Nuke your soap. Watch the soap closely to see what happens.


# Depending on microwave power, your soap will reach its maximum volume within 90 second to 2 minutes. If you microwave the soap longer (I went up to 6 minutes) nothing bad will happen, but the soap won't continue to grow.


#Measure the length and width of the soap foam and record the data.


#Repeat the above steps with the two other brands of soap.





Materials:


* bar of Ivory鈩?soap, bar of Dove soap, and a bar of Olay soap


* paper plate or microwave-safe dish


* microwave oven


* electric circuit





so please help me identify the variables and control. Thank you :)Need help identifying independent variable, dependent variable, and the control for my experiment?
Independent variables answer the question ';What do I change?';.


Dependent variables answer the question ';What do I observe?';.


Controlled variables answer the question ';What do I keep the same?';.








Control variable - things that stay the same - time, temp, paper plate, microwave power





Independent varialble - the thing your are testing - soaps





Dependent - bubbles/foam

No comments:

Post a Comment